Wednesday 9 May 2012

And there off......!

The doors that is! This evening was a nice surprise as I had enough brownie points to get a couple of hours in the barn and work on part of the project that I had been looking forward to. 




Removing the windscreen and the doors brings to an end the major parts  removal and sees me turn a corner. This was a part of the project that I was looking forward to as it now exposes the bulkhead and allows me to end this week with most of the parts now off the vehicle. This last stage was quite interesting as there are quite a few fiddly parts to remove from the bulkhead, such as door stays, windscreen ties and the such that have to come off and should not be overlooked. Still a pleasant evening where you can stay largely clean helped to make it enjoyable.

The roof and back end of the vehicle will remain largely untouched as part of this phase of the rebuild. Once it is back on the road, I intend to eventually replace the van top with a safari top complete with internal upholstery.

Next week I shall be removing the dash and getting to grips with labelling the electrics, removing the steering column and brake master.

I shall also be looking to assess some of the removed parts and start to clean up, rub down and prepare parts to be put back on.


I also need to box up, in a logical order, some of the bagged parts and store them safely.

1 comment:

  1. This is fascinating stuff. Just like a huge meccano set. I hope you remember where everything goes!

    Keep the updates coming - loving it!

    ReplyDelete