Monday 14 May 2012

Dot dot dash

This evening I decided to tackle the dash and control binnacle. This is probably the most fiddly of all the areas on the bulkhead and so armed with my compact camera to record as much of the wiring arrangement as possible, I set about removing the upper dash cover, heater vents and heater controls. The next step was to settle in a remove the control binnacle and carefully log the wiring as each control was disconnected.

The red wire goes to the..... no the blue wire goes to the....
After this I removed the centre console, which was fitted to later series 3's and housed the hazard warning and fog  light controls. 

I have also decide, upon reassembly to house the gas conversion switch control in here as well, re routing through the bulkhead higher up.






I want the dash layout to look as near original as possible and there is plenty of options to add controls without spoiling the authenticity.

Finally for this evening, I removed the wiper motor and gears and the washer tubes, thus leaving the left hand side of the bulkhead clear. I also spent a bit of time boxing up parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment