Wednesday 25 July 2012

Winging it!

Spurred on by the replacement of the bulkhead, I decided to turn my attention to the wings and start to return them to a renovated standard.

The OS wing, like the NS wing is not too bad with most of the repair needed on the inner wing where various bolts have corroded and widened the holes. These will need some repair but can be reused with the use of larger washers to help create a hold.
OS wing with filler repairs

I took away a layer of paint, road film and surface imperfections with 240 grade wet and dry. I then mixed some filler and flashed in  any slight surface dents and blemishes. Luckily there has not been a build up of years of bad paint jobs as the paint was still the original layer.

I dare say I could have got away with the primer filling in the surface blemishes but I wanted to make sure that the surface is good.

I will leave this to harden and tomorrow take the filler back with 600 grade and ready it for the primer.

No comments:

Post a Comment